Staten Island CYO
Description: The Cheerleading program, rooted in discipline and teamwork, all comes down to a 2 1/2 minute routine that the coaches and athletes work all season for. Many parishes and schools have cheerleading programs specializing in sideline cheer to competitive that compete in the Annual CYOSI and Archdiocese Championships in March. Almost 30 teams come out and show their team pride and put their teamwork on full display. The program and its participants emphasize that winning is measured by enthusiasm, hard work, good sportsmanship. One of Staten Island's largest athletic events, is always an action packed day.
2023 Competition Information:
Step 1) All Coaches and Moderators need to be registered. Register Here
New Coaches: If this is your first year coaching with the CYO, please create an account and register.
Returning Coaches: If you completed this registration previously, log into your account and verify that your contact information is accurate. If you are no longer coaching and wish to be removed, please email
. Reminder, your username is your email address. if you have forgotten your password, click on the "reset password" on sign in page and follow instructions.
This form should be completed by those directly associated with the team:
- Cheer Moderator
- Head Coach
- Assistant Coach
- Team Manager
FOR CHEER MODERATORS ONLY: complete the Team Entry form and Roster Submission for ALL of your parish teams. Please note you must register in step above to enter your teams.
Complete Team Entry Form Here.
Be prepared to:
- enter your teams in their divisions.
- Identify the two coaches receiving coaches passes. Note additional passes can be purchased at Pick Night.
- Submit All team rosters by either uploading your team rosters and/or email them to
Need a roster template, DOWNLOAD Roster Template Here
remember to save to your computer. *please note, a shared Google sheet is also acceptable.
The column headers must be the following:
FIRST / LAST / GRADE / PARENT PHONE / PARENT EMAIL
(to be updated upon receipt of all team entries)
Date: Saturday, March 11th, 2023
Where: Mount Loretto
6581 Hylan Blvd
Staten Island, NY 10309
EVENT ENTRY INFO
- Entry Fee: $300.00 per team - includes 2 coaches (all fees are non-refundable) Each additional coaches passes are $75.00
*** Please make checks payable to: CYO
- Pick Night will be Wednesday March 1st 7:30pm. All passes will be given to coaches that evening. Any extra coaches passes purchased that evening need to be paid for at that time.
- Save the Date: CYO State Cheerleading Championship Date: Saturday March 25th, 2023.
2023 General Rules for the Competition
- Each squad will be provided with 5 minutes of mat time on a full mat for warm-ups and 5 minutes of tumbling time on a flat mat.
- Each squad will have 2 ½ minutes to perform their routine. The music portion may not exceed 1 ½ minutes.
- Please bring a back-up copy of your music. – Music should be emailed to E-squared
- All routines will be performed on a flat cheer floor 54’ x 42’ mat (9 rolls)
- We will adhere to the National Federation of State High School Spirit Rules / USA CHEER
- There will be deductions for rule infractions or illegal stunts.
- We will be using UCA score & deduction sheets for ALL teams.
- CYO is not responsible for lost or stolen items
- CYO is not responsible for any injury to participants.
- Spectator fees are TBD, children under 5 free.
- You will receive your score sheets from each of the judges at the end of the competition.
- Safety Rules can be found https://www.nfhs.org/activities-sports/spirit/ or https://www.usacheer.org